What’s in a Name? Business Names
I often see people on groups asking about names for their businesses.
Want to save some time?
If this is a new business I strongly suggest you take these steps first…
– Choose a unique name for your business then.
– use a business name search through the Australian Securities and Investments Commission’s (ASIC) website, ASIC Connect, which lists all Australian registered company and business names. You can contact an ASIC Service Centre for assistance;
– do a trade mark search through IP Australia’s offices and website for both registered trade marks and marks that have been applied for;
– make a Australian Business Number search through the Business Entry Point. This will display all entities, including trusts, which may have a similar name and are registered for GST purposes;
– finally make a domain name search, for example in relation to the .au domain, through the AusRegistry WHOIS Service or contact trondez (www.ausregistry.com.au)
Its all about research!
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.